IAM user is most important when it you want to grant access to different users say developer, administrator and partner. There are various level of access that you can choose to grant access to the users depending upon their requirements. The following guide helps us to create IAM user account with EC2 administration privileges, the user that we are creating will have full access to EC2 resources. Let’s get started.
1. Login to AWS console and navigate through Services –> All AWS Services –> Administration & Security –> (Identity Access Management) IAM as shown below.
2. Goto Users and create a new user,
3. Enter the username and download the credentials,( you can create upto 5 users IAM users).
4. You will be prompted to download the credentials, this is security keys useful to manage users via S3 uploads etc.
5. Let’s create password for users as shown in the below steps.
a. Allow user to reset their own password “check Allow users to change their own password” and Apply policy.
6. You will now be prompted to download the credentials file. The downloaded file will contain the login information of the user that we created. Now, let’s go to Groups and create a Group as shown below.
6. Set permissions for the group, (here I am granting full access to EC2 service we can choose services with respect to our requirement).
7. Now, navigate through Users –> siru –> Add users to Group.
8. Now, you can see that the user is added to required group, we can add user to different groups.
Now, the user can login and navigate through EC2 services of your account to launch and edit instances on behalf of you.